The Spa at Hotel Contessa is excited to announce its official reopening after being closed for the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic and renovations to the space. The reopening comes with revitalized spaces, new spa products and technologies, and unique new services to help guests relax and reenergize. The spa is now open for bookings. (Hotel Contessa, 2022)
The Spa at Hotel Contessa features four treatment rooms, retail space where guests can purchase various products, and a relaxation room to enjoy before and after treatments. The spa also hosts various jewelry pop-ups from local and regional designers. The hotel’s spa is open for guests of the hotel as well as outside visitors.
“We are thrilled to reopen the spa with the new renovations and services that we’ve worked on over the last two years. We’ve curated unique, high quality, luxury treatments to help our clients relax and rejuvenate during their time with us and we’re looking forward to having visitors back in the spa.” – Spa Director Gigi Guiette.
The Spa at Hotel Contessa is now working with Shankara, an organic and cruelty-free skincare company. Shankara’s products are created using the Ayurvedic approach, the theory that the five elements (water, fire, earth, air and space) are integral to general health and wellness. Air denotes the concept of movement in the universe, fire represents energy, water represents cohesion and fluidity, earth is structure and solidity and space allows all of the other elements to unfold out of consciousness. New massage treatments now available at the Spa at Hotel Contessa featuring Shankara products include:
- Energizing Journey (Earth) – an 80 minute service promoting stress release, balance, rejuvenation, refreshment, refinement and energy
- Waves of Beauty Journey (Water) – an 80 minute service promoting nurturing, comfort, refinement and energy
- Desert Journey (Fire) – an 80 minute soothing service promoting refreshment, rejuvenation and purification
- Tranquility Journey (Air) – an 80 minute service promoting nurturing, comfort, balance and grounding
- Chakra Balancing Journey (Space) – an 80 minute service promoting nurturing, comfort and balance
Additional new body treatments at the spa include:
- Detox Body Wrap Treatment ($160) – a purifying, refining, lymphatic and circulatory support treatment followed by a cellulite wrap and head and foot massage. This treatment utilizes spirulina, yucca root and honey powder that purifies, invigorates, naturally moisturizes, and smoothes the skin.
- Detoxifying Mud Massage ($160) – a thermogenic mud that supplements skin’s moisture balance, revitalizes fatigued skin and combats free radicals. The treatment utilizes a peppermint antioxidant that soothes and heals the skin while combating free radicals and supplying vitamin A and C to the body.
- Citrus Body Glow ($160) – A treatment utilizing red plum, mango, coconut, arnica and St. John’s wort oils that assist in healing and maintaining hydration.
- Cupping ($155) – A therapeutic cupping treatment that involves placing warm cups on the skin. A vacuum is made when the air inside the cup becomes warm, this loosens the connective tissue and improves blood flow. As a result, a cupping massage helps stimulate healing.
New facial treatments include:
- Gua Sha Glow ($150) – a 50 minute facial that lifts and brightens skin and stimulates lymphatic flow
- The Redness Stops Here ($150) – a 50 minute service that calms sensitive skin, hydrates and reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Bye-Bye Breakouts ($150) – a 50 minute clarifying and toning facial that promotes healthy cell renewal
- Gentleman’s Facial ($150) – a 50 minute exfoliating, double cleansing and hydrating treatment
- Royal Beauty Hydrafacials including services like:
- Cleanse & Peel ($275) – 50 minutes
- Elasticity & Firmness ($300) – 50 minutes
- Brightening & Restoring ($300) – 50 minutes
- Possible add-ons include:
- Lymphatic therapy ($30)
- Light Therapy ($30)
The Spa at Hotel Contessa will also start offering sound bowl sessions on the hotel’s rooftop pool deck. Adaptive therapeutic yoga teacher, Caitlyn Garrison, will lead the sessions using sound and vibration to promote mental, emotional, and spiritual wellness. Sound bowl sessions are free and open to the public while space allows. The hotel is also now offering weekly Sunday morning yoga sessions on the rooftop pool deck with instructor Shari Lindsay. To reserve their spots for the sound bowl sessions and/or yoga, hotel guests and visitors can call the spa directly at (210) 298-8038. Both events are free to attend. Additional information about events at the spa is available online.
The Spa at Hotel Contessa will also continue to offer general services like the Swedish Massage, Stone Massage and the Mother to Be Massage. The Spa at Hotel Contessa is located on the rooftop level of the hotel at 306 W Market St, San Antonio, TX 78205. To book treatments at the spa click here.